Friday 29 April 2011

Hmmm... I wonder what to talk about? Maybe the event of the year? Yes, I think that's it.

So, congratulations to the future King of England and his new Missus!

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the subject of this bloggio. Now, I won't lie to you. Until this morning, I wasn't really one of those people who'd jumped onto the whole Royal Wedding band wagon. But then I went into the lounge and found Mum with a bottle of bubbly (yes, bottle) that she'd cracked open at the grand old hour of 10:30 a.m. So, wanting to be the diligent daughter that I know I am, I thought I'd keep Mum company and enjoy the festivities with her. And I have to say, once I got nuzzled into the empty three seater sofa and tucked my feet under the fluffy cushions I realised that I actually secretly wanted to watch this shindig. Plus, it was a convenient excuse not to have to get dressed. PJ's are so comfy, don't you know? They're the next big trend too (information that is hot off the press).

I won't lie. To my utter surprise I quite enjoyed watching loads of rich folk and scrutinising their ridiculously over-sized- or as it seems, under-sized hats (where were the regular sized specimens?) with my Mum. At the moment that Dad popped into the lounge, Princess Beatrice emerged from a chauffeur driven car wearing a beige outfit and what can only be described as a pair of lopsided antlers. Without thinking, Dad turned around (after requesting the fizz from Mum) and quite loudly asked the room why there was an extra from the Lion King at the Royal Wedding. (The room may not have been that large, but it was big enough for Dad to receive two sets of reproachful glances from Mum and me).

Between us, I may have agreed with Dad, but I felt I had to justify P.Bea's outfit choice due to the fact that we share the same gender. I felt that I had to stand united with her and declare my allegiance to woman-kind, when really in reality I know that there's no way I would dress up in something so un-hat like that defeats the point in even wearing a hat. Because, let's be honest: does that keep the sun of her face? I think not.

Hats aside, Mum and I waited eagerly for Kate to arrive as we got sucked into the romance vortex. Well, we- like zillions of other women (and possibly men), were not disappointed by THE DRESS. (Notice how THE DRESS is capitalised? Well, this would be because in the news broadcasting, THE DRESS was given as much attention as THE VENUE, if not more). When I saw her, my heart leapt a little: for her, the dream that every young girl has came true. Ever the romantic optimist, I shall stay true to myself and wait patiently for my day to arrive and the opportunity to wear a fabulous (but not as expensive as Kate's) dress. First, I need to find a fella. Here, I'm going to apply that old adage: good things come to those who wait.

Yes, I believe they do.

Well, I should really pop off. Since getting dressed, Mum, Dad and I have attended a nice street party in our road that's still going on. Lots of people are on their way to being slightly sozzled, which made the old 'people-spotting' game all the more amusing (but keep that between us)! You know the rules... watch people very carefully, but never give the game away. Honestly, it's thrilling stuff when you're mostly retired neighbours have been sipping a variety of drinks for much of the day. I know how to get my highs! Don't let it be said that my life isn't a whirlwind, because it's truly fabulous.

Anyway, I must go check on proceedings outside. Marjorie next door seems to be flashing a bit too much ankle to be appropriate...

No comments:

Post a Comment