Friday 6 April 2012

Flying through the tree-tops

Hello wonderful people,

As promised, I am sharing a video with you. In this video, I am at the top of a very high tree, way above the forest floor. I'd already zoomed along on a lower zip-line, but this one was considerably larger and longer.

I will admit, I did get a little scared... but it was too late to back out!

*

Right- not that you need to know this, but I've just realised that my entire post has been deleted (minus the first couple of lines). Thank you computer. Thank you technology. No longer can life go on without you, no matter how infuriating you are. 

*

Instead of spending ages blah-blah-blahing, I'll just write a teeny bit here instead. 

In the video, I am unfortunately not looking as glamorous as if I were at a red carpet event. But hey! It's live field work. This is my first video in my pursuit to one day become a Blue Peter presenter, and then loads of other things after that. Hopefully, you'll see how brave I am... or not, as the case may be.

Anyhoo, do enjoy a brief moment of what it must feel like to be Tarzan.

I suppose this is the marvellous thing about computers- you can be Tarzan from the comfort of your own seat without breaking into a sweat, or- for that matter- breaking any bones.

Oh, I should also add that Dave is the wonderful camera man, high up in the trees with me. He's fiercely loyal, continuing to film me right until I land rather awkwardly in a great big heap at the end. Definitely not a stunt double for James Bond! What you can't see is all the wood chip on the floor. What you also can't see is all the wood chip on me. And in my shoes. And trousers (AKA 'pants' if you are reading from across the big pond. That would be bad if it were in British pants...).

Right-oh, I'm signing off now. Until we meet again,

Tarzan's girlfriend Mildred- (move over Jane, there's a new kid on the block)!
x




No comments:

Post a Comment