Thursday 19 April 2012

Hello from another time zone!

As you read this, I should be in sunny Cyprus with the delightful Dave.

I can't really give you much to go on at the moment, as I'm writing this in advance. But what can I say? Thanks to the magic of computers, you can still read this blog. Genius!

It's taken about 12 hours to actually get to our hotel.You know, from leaving home to arriving. But I don't mind- the fun is about to begin!

Hopefully I've packed the right sort of things. Last time I went to Scotland in August, I packed summery clothes and shoes- by which I mean flip-flops and pumps. Nothing at all that I had with me was waterproof... which proved to be a very foolish move... as it rained every single day... for three weeks. Really hoping that isn't going to happen!

This time-travel malarkey is really quite extraordinary. Dave and I are now an hour ahead of Mum and Dad back at home, which is weird. But not as weird as when I had a friend who stayed in New Zealand. My friend- Toby, lived out there for a few months, but his today was our tomorrow. And his yesterday was our today. They are 13 hours ahead, but still, isn't that just totally bizarre?

Anyhoo, I am hoping that you are all well. I'll be in touch very soon. In the meantime, I'm off to test out my flippers with the fish.

Mildred x

No comments:

Post a Comment