Tuesday 3 January 2012

Coming soon... The new and improved Mildred!

Dearest Friends and Relatives (perhaps that should be the other way round, but I think it sounds better that way... sorry Mum, Dad, brothers...),

My apologies to you all for my absence, but Mildred McManus is back in business- I am new and improved and back for your delectability!

Before I do or say anything, I have to wish you all a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year. I hope that Christmas was wonderfully Christmassy and that you all had a stonkingly super time.

Tomorrow, I will explain all that has happened since I last wrote (but I'll try to keep it brief to prevent an essay like situation from arising!). I will admit, I do have a tendency to waffle.. a habit I am afraid to say I inherited from my mother, but please don't tell her I told you... shhh!

For now though, I am going to pop off, but I assure you I shall be returning with a vengeance very shortly! But before I go, I would like to share my New Year's resolutions with you in the hope that the sharing will be an incentive to ensure I follow them through:
  1. To write my blog at least twice a week.
  2. To learn something new every day.
  3. To make other people around me happy.
  4. To never eat stuffing again after experiencing Christmas-sage-and-onion-stuffing-overload. Never again...
  5. Lastly... to floss every day in the hope that I won't need any fillings this year.
So, for now I'm going to love you and leave you.

Mildred x

PS I have a theory about this new year. Given that we seem to be experiencing rather miserable weather, I think that contrary to popular opinion, that that is a good sign. Surely, things can only ever get better? Surely D:Ream of Things Can Only Get Better 1994 fame were onto something when they made this prediction? I think they were and wish you all a happy 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment